Jason Chaffetz and Orrin Hatch got within a few feet, but I never saw them talk to each other. Chaffetz has all but officially declared his candidacy for U.S. Senate against the 6 term incumbent.
- John Willoughby - Announced he will be running for Congress in the 2nd Congressional district.
- Mayor Mia Love - Mayor of Saratoga Springs and many expect her to seek higher office as some point, possibly a run for Congress in 2012. She was a crowd favorite.
- Jason Chaffetz - Didn't mention anything about running against Orrin Hatch.
- Craig Frank - Former State Rep, considering a run for governor.
- Christie Kane - Announced she'll be running against John Dougall for Utah's LD 27 seat.
- Chuck Williams - Announced he will be running for Congress in the 2nd Congressional district.
- Sean Reyes - Running for Attorney General of Utah (Mark Shurtleff is not seeking reelection).
- Cherilyn Eagar - Announced she's forming an exploratory committee to run for Congress.
- William Skokos - Greg announced Skokos would be running for governor, but Skokos was quick to deny that he had made such a decision.
- Orrin Hatch - Utah's senior senator was received politely and he spent a lot of time mingling with the crowd.
- Carl Wimmer - Has already announced an exploratory committee for a Congressional run.
- Jonathan Johnson - President of Utah company Overstock.com, was filling in for CEO Patrick Byrne.
- Gary Herbert - Spoke about the state's success in attracting companies to bring new jobs.
- David Kirkham - Tea party leader in Utah spoke about his recent testimony before the Senate Finance Comittee.
- Mike Lee - Gave a lively speech which was greeted by loud applause from the audience.
Here are some photos of the speakers:
Straw Poll Results
Republican Presidential Nomination:
- Mitt Romney - 37% (47 votes)
- Michelle Bachmann - 26% (33 votes)
- Ron Paul - 22% (28 votes)
- Herman Cain - 10% (13 votes)
- John Huntsman - 2% (3 votes)
- Tim Pawlenty - 2% (3 votes)
- Newt Gingrich - .07% (1 vote)
- Jason Chaffetz - 71% (82 votes)
- Orrin Hatch - 29% (33 votes)
- Carl Wimmer - 56% (65 votes)
- Mia Love - 24% (28 votes)
- Cherilyn Eagar 13% (15 votes)
- Chuck Williams 7% (9 votes)
- Yes - 23% (25 votes)
- No - 77% (86 votes)